This is the official web site of the Construction Special Interest Group of the Chartered Quality Institute in the UK
The Construction Special Interest Group (ConSIG) provides a forum for members of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) in the construction sector, and quality professionals in the construction sector who are considering membership, to maintain awareness, share experience and knowledge with peers, and to aid professional development.
To be recognised as improving quality within the construction sector through the development of the capability of quality professionals in this field.
- To provide a network to support best practice sharing and benchmarking of quality management practices in building and construction
- To provide professional development for quality practitioners working in the building and construction sector
- To establish and maintain the body of Construction Quality Knowledge (CQK) for the construction industry
- To represent the interests of members in the construction sector through the CQI
- To provide an expert panel to central government and governmental bodies working in the field of building and construction
- To identify gaps in the evidence base and support new research and development
The group is open to those members of the CQI who wish to develop their knowledge and expertise in the area of integrated management and who can contribute to the objectives of the group.
Non CQI members and representatives of other organisations may be invited to participate in the group’s activities: meetings, e-group discussions and/or any associated events.
The ConSIG Steering committee comprises the Chair, Secretary and other steering group members. The Chair is appointed by the group. Meet the Steering Group here.